Wednesday, February 20, 2008
Monday, February 18, 2008
But Dawn over at Mom 2 My 6 Pack (which is one of the most hilarious blogs I read) did this... and I laughed so much at her answers (some of which I kept for myself), that it made me want to make you laugh in the same way... so enjoy.
No pressure to actually get this done, but I'm tagging Donna, Ronnica, Mischia, Amber, and Stacie - because SOME of you need to update your blog! :)
60 Things You Possibly Didn't Know About Me
1. What is in the back seat of your car right now? a bunch of supplies for the birthday club at work, my folding camp chair, and trash, i'm sure
2. When was the last time you threw up? yesterday, actually
3. What's your favorite curse word? i don't have a "favorite"
4. Name 3 people who made you smile today? Kristin, the singers on my Pandora, any random person I walked past at work already
5. What were you doing at 8 am this morning? getting in my car to be at work at 8.
6. What were you doing 30 minutes ago? reading blogs
7. What will you be doing 3 hours from now? sitting right where I am, I'm sure... working on my work projects. there are so many of them. i'm taking a bread.
8. Have you ever been to a strip club? nope
9. What is the last thing you said aloud? "oh, okay."
10. What is the best ice cream flavor? yes.
11. What was the last thing you had to drink? a can of Mt. Dew. But I'm opening a bottle of water RIGHT NOW... I promise!
12. What are you wearing right now? khakis, turtleneck, and my cutie new(est) shoes from Target
13. What was the last thing you ate? eek. Girl Scout Cookies.
14. Have you bought any new clothing items this week? not this week. yet.
15. When was the last time you ran? age 7
16. What's the last sporting event you watched? if you mean live, i watched about a minute of the Super Bowl... otherwise, clip of the UNC/Duke came the other week
17. What's the last thing you attended that required a ticket? i guess the movies...
18. Who is the last person you emailed? Tracey/Olga/Stephanie about my week's schedule
19. Ever go camping? i have. bleh.
20. Do you have a tan? um. no.
21. What do you prefer: Natural Sun or the Tanning Bed? The Sun - it means I'm laying down somewhere resting (or playing in the water which i LOVE!)
22. What's the best way to tan? - like i said, Sun - but specifically, playing in the water because then you don't get too hot!
23. What's your favorite drink? soda in general - specifically, Dr. Pepper.
24. Do you drink your soda from a straw? only if its provided with the cup
25. What did your last IM say? probably "bye" or "i love you" or something like that... :)
26. Are you someone's best friend? I sure hope so! :)
27. What are you doing tomorrow? working a lot - both jobs on Tuesday
28. Where is your mom right now? hmm. funny you should ask. she's probably somewhere around PA right now. she was headed there from the Knoxville, TN area. (she's a truck driver)
29. Look to your left, what do you see? immediately, my cell phone.. followed closely by a tiny pencil and documents for the statistical report i'm working on.
30. What color is your watch? brown, i guess. otherwise known as my cell phone.
31. What do you think of when you think of Australia? kangaroos and the guy on American Idol this year, Michael Johns. yay.
32. Would you consider plastic surgery? yes!
33. What is your birthstone? depends on what list you use. i prefer the pearl.
34. Do you go in at a fast food place or just hit the drive thru? drive-thru.
35.How many kids do you want? at least two. hopefully more.
36. Do you have a dog? a dog lives in my house.
37. Last person you talked to on the phone? Tracey, I think.
38. Have you met anyone famous? the weather guy from ABC news in Ashville when I was little. I don't remember if I've met anyone else... but I've seen several in person... most recently Ellen Degeneres, Barbara Walters, Serena Williams, dj Jonny (from the Ellen show last year), Scott someone - I forgot, the top 10 from last year's American Idol tour, etc etc. :)
39. Any plans today? just work and then home. we'll see what else
40. How many states have you lived in? just NC.
41. Ever go to college? a few of them, actually
42. Where are you right now? at work
43. Biggest annoyance in your life right now? my lack of discipline
44. Last song listened to? The Roses (Caedmon's Call) is playing right now on Pandora
45. Is that your favorite band/singer? one of them, yes, actually
46. Are you allergic to anything? cats, dust, mold
47. Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time? reef flip flops. they are super worn out, though
48. Are you jealous of anyone? sometimes. :(
50. Is anyone jealous of you? um. i doubt it.
51. What time is it? 11:35 right now
52. Do any of your friends have children? sure!
53. Do you eat healthy? sometimes.. in addition to the unhealthy things i eat. :(
54. What do you usually do during the day? work. email. facebook. talk on the phone. etc.
55. Do you hate anyone right now? nah
56. Do you use the word 'hello' daily? mmhmm
57. When? when i answer my cell phone.
58. How old will you be turning on your next birthday? 29
59. Have you ever been to Six Flags? once when i was super young. like a toddler, i mean.
60. How did you get one of your scars? i fell out of a high chair. under my eye.
Sunday, February 10, 2008
Friday, February 08, 2008
I am not the support/contact person for the NC Child Care Commission.
You can check out more about what they do... but basically, they meet quarterly and I am one of the folks in charge of organizing the meeting, planning for discussion, assisting the commissioners with whatever they need as well as the DCD staff who serve as additional support and expert help!
here's a little picture of the room set up.
in the bottom left corner is my little station - laptop for minute taking, tissues (just in case!), files and folders of all the papers that will be referenced during the meeting - etc.
In the room, you'll see each spot laid out - with each commissioner having a specific seat at the table based on what term they are serving on the commission.
The podium is for those who will address the members - our Division Director, afternoon presentation participants, etc. In the middle, there's a laptop and projector set up for those presenters and on the bottom of that cart is a really fancy recording system that we use to record the meeting. There are tiny black microphones positioned just right all over the table - with one on the podium.
I checked and checked and checked the system after the meeting was over and it appeared to record just fine. That will help me tremendously when I go to do the minutes more efficiently.
Anyway - just wanted to share a little!