I've been tagged by Alicia Christie. I am tagging Donna Bennett, Amy Hamm, Dana Cordell, Allison Stokes, Dennis Omondi, and Stacie Joh...
It'll be difficult for me to narrow down my quirks to just 6 concise answers, but I'll try my best:
- I am super freakish about grammer and spelling mistakes when I read people's things. It's no one's fault... and I don't take style into consideration - for example, "i don't correct people if they choose to write in all lowercase letters." It's things like "to boldly go" - well, that's wrong. It should be "to go boldly." The mistake - split infinitive.
- I have a good memory. I don't know why. It's also selective. Like the fact that I can remember Eugenia Wright's birthday (a girl I have not seen in 10 years and wasn't even a close friend then) but not remember things like Colossians 1. Super weird.
- I know a lot of random facts. This sort of goes along with number 2. For instance - Elvis' birthday? Yeah, it's Jan. 8th. Driving into a tree going about 35 miles an hour? Yeah, it's the equivalent of driving off a 4-story building. Don't ask me why I know these things. Oh! And lettuce? Yeah, if you ate enough of it at once - it can kill you.
- Sometimes I think God gives me moments of ESP. Two examples: - Yesterday, for about 20 minutes... I had the taste of fresh pineapple in my mouth. So weird (and a bit gross) - but I did. I haven't had pineapple in weeks. Regardless - I go to check my email - and Kristin has posted a comment on my Facebook wall... her message. "PINEAPPLE." Also, several weeks ago, sitting in church, I kept thinking about a friend of mine being pregnant. She and her husband have been trying, and it's something that we've prayed about a lot - but I was sitting at church thinking about it. What happens next? One of the pastors in our church begins a loud-speaker cell phone call with this couple (they are overseas) and she tells the church that she's pregnant. I almost fell out of my chair. (for both examples)
- I don't think this is weird. Necessarily. I hate feet. I think they are gross. They often smell bad. Folks don't take care of them. Get them away. I mean away. No where near. If they even move near me, I flinch. Unless you are under 5. Then I don't care. I won't RUN for them, but if you touch them to me or I touch them, I'm okay.
- I sleep with my ceiling fan on. This happens every day - all year long. It doesn't matter how cold the room already is. I need the sound, and I do NOT want to wake up hot - at anytime during the night. I hope my husband won't mind.